Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Monetise your blog

Since I read Multiple Streams of Internet Income I felt somehow inspired and back on track again. Trying to follow its advice I have been building a new blog and filling it up with content these days. I have added adsense and left it there for now (well, of course I keep updating it). Unless the products on your website are really good, chances are you will not be able to make a living on it, at least, not with one blog. There are some niches that have good chances and if you are a geek and your website has LOTS of visitors you might stand a chance. Mine is still starting and most days I don’t get more than 50 visitors.

Another important factor, I have realised, is Marketing, in my case it is everything. As the site is not well known I don’t get too many recommendations by word of mouth yet, that is one of the reasons I have inserted a “Subscribe button”, although people might like what they see, they wouldn’t remember in a few days time your website’s address, however, providing a “Subscribe button” you give them chance to get updates every time straight in their inbox. Is there anything easier than that?

Submitting articles to directories, submitting your site to search engines, are different forms of marketing that will bring visitors to your website, the best part of it is that they are free, at least until you have some spare money to spend on Google campaigns and you decide to pay and put some ads up on other sites, but for that there is still a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment