Sunday, December 28, 2008

Building a Squidoo lens

I heard so much about Squidoo lenses that I wanted to try it by myself. So I have built my very first lens. Well, at least the beginning of it.

I just found the whole project fascinating. If you are new to Squidoo, as I was, you have lots of articles and help around in their website, where you can sign up for free.

A squidoo lens is a one single web page that you can use to promote your website, blog, your Amazon products or affiliate products. The best thing is that you don’t even need to have your own website; you still can use your lens as your page in the net where you can attract your own visitors and make some extra income.

The lenses are quite easy to build, just following a wizard type of set up and once built you only need to edit the modules you want to appear in your page or delete the ones you don’t. Squidoo will include some Google ads in your website and it will share the profit made with you, donating also a percentage to charity.

The truth is that Squidoo can make you a lot of money. If you are a beginner, or you don’t have too many visitors to your website, you will find in Squidoo the traffic that otherwise you wouldn’t find, it is reported that some members sell more through their Squidoo page than through their own traffic. So I thought it would be worth a try.

If you would like to give it a try, you can sign up here.

Or if you would like to have a look, here is my first lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment